CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Wednesday, Sept. 16, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- Since Sept. 14, 16 new cases reported Wednesday. (3,316 total cases)
- Since Sept. 14, 307 new cases reported Wednesday. (74,832 total cases)
Positivity rate (a key local indicator of infection spread) on Wednesday: 2.97% -- it’s the rate of people testing positive out of those taking the test.
- Since Sept. 14, 13 new deaths reported Wednesday. (1,297 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
- Since Sept. 14, 5,471 new cases reported Wednesday. (671,201 total cases)
- Since Sept. 14, 297 new deaths reported Wednesday. (12,939 total deaths) (2% of all cases)
- Broward County School District considers date to reopen schools
- “I’m trying not to lose myself:” Coral Springs woman discusses hardships in being jobless for six months
- Gov. DeSantis: Broward County allowed to move into Phase 2 reopening
- Broward Schools superintendent: schools could reopen in October if virus rate continues declining
- Coral Springs officials: 22 employees may have been infected with Covid-19 in recent months
- Gym and restaurant: latest Coral Springs businesses issued warnings for coronavirus violations
Locations for testing sites:
- Coral Springs and regional COVID-19 testing sites
- Check out this website for jobs in Coral Springs and other cities throughout South Florida
Also, worth reading:
- Coral Springs offers businesses help applying for state and federal funds
- Latest Coral Springs unemployment rate
- Coral Springs issues guidelines on sports leagues and pool
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and sign up for FREE TAPinto Coral Springs E-News alerts to be the first to read about all things Coral Springs.
Download the FREE TAPinto App. Click here for Android - Click here for iOS for breaking news, traffic/weather alerts, and special offers.
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.