CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Wednesday, May 27 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 27)
- Coral Springs has 269 cases – up two from Tuesday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
171 in the 33063 zip code.
159 in the 33065 zip code.
41 in the 33067 zip code.
211 in the 33068 zip code.
92 in the 33071 zip code.
83 in the 33073 zip code.
60 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 6,825 cases.
- Florida has 52,634 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 935,271 (Negative: 880,937)
- Total deaths in Florida: 2,319
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 9,639
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- Coral Springs’ new coronavirus testing site is expected to stay open until the end of June, city officials said on Wednesday. That could change if there was a significant uptick in the number of cases.
The site at Mullins Hall (in Mullins Park at 10150 NW 29th Street) can handle up to 250 tests a day.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.