CORAL SPRINGS, FL – There won’t be a Fourth of July celebration at Mullins Park in Coral Springs this year due to the coronavirus.
But there will be a city-wide parade.
Coral Springs announced Monday that, on Saturday, July 4, the city will host a parade from 10 - 2 p.m. featuring decorated city vehicles going through most of Coral Springs’ communities.
The parade of vehicles representing each of the city’s departments will visit these neighborhoods:
- 10 a.m. Country Club of Coral Springs
- 10:25 a.m. Westchester
- 10:50 a.m. The Springs/Pine Landing
- 11 a.m. Cypress Run/Cypress Glen
- 11:15 a.m. Oakwood/Shadow Wood
- 11:30 a.m. Ramblewood South/Sherwood Forest
- 12:15 p.m. Forest Hills
- 12:30 p.m. Pine Glen/Riverside/Meadow & Dells
- 12:40 p.m. Hidden Hammocks/Oakbrook
- 1 p.m. Pine Ridge/ North Springs
- 1:15 p.m. Chevy Chase
For the parade, residents are asked to clear their streets of any cars, motorcycles and other vehicles to make it easier for city vehicles to drive by.
The parade will be live-streamed on the city’s Facebook, Youtube Channel and on CityTV, Blue Stream Channels 25, 25.2, 725 and on AT&T U-Verse channel 99.
City officials also remind residents: fireworks can be dangerous. Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Airborne fireworks run the risk of damaging property or causing serious injury to users.
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.