CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Friday, May 8 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 8)
- Coral Springs has 217 cases – no change from Thursday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
110 in the 33063 zip code.
110 in the 33065 zip code.
37 in the 33067 zip code.
167 in the 33068 zip code.
80 in the 33071 zip code.
58 in the 33073 zip code.
50 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 5,688 cases.
- Florida has 39,199 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 514,017 (Negative: 474,142)
- Total deaths in Florida: 1,669
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 6,929
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- Coral Springs Museum of Art is planning to have a virtual camp program for children this summer. Administrators are asking families to fill out a short survey to identify their preferences for the camp. Take the survey here.
- Cleveland Clinic Coral Springs Express Clinic has re-opened, the hospital system announced on social media on Friday.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.