CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Thursday, May 15 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 15)
- Coral Springs has 240 cases – up three from Wednesday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
134 in the 33063 zip code.
138 in the 33065 zip code.
37 in the 33067 zip code.
184 in the 33068 zip code.
84 in the 33071 zip code.
61 in the 33073 zip code.
54 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 6,133 cases.
- Florida has 44,138 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 629,895 (Negative: 585,010)
- Total deaths in Florida: 1,917
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 7,959
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- Beginning Monday, Northwest Regional Library in Coral Springs will start walk-up/drive-up service. Details here.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis allowed gyms to open across the state, except for Broward and Miami-Dade counties.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.