CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Monday, July 6, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated July 6):
- Since the start of the emergency, Coral Springs has had 817 cases – up 16 cases from Sunday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
524 in the 33063 zip code.
474 in the 33065 zip code.
145 in the 33067 zip code.
603 in the 33068 zip code.
280 in the 33071 zip code.
321 in the 33073 zip code.
238 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 21,856 cases.
- Florida has 206,447 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 2,235,937 (Negative: 2,027,493)
- Total deaths in Florida: 3,880
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 16,045
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
A Florida executive order issued Monday requires schools to be physically open this fall, according to News 6 in Orlando.
The state’s Department of Education Secretary Richard Corcoran signed the order with the goal of reopening brick-and-mortar schools for at least five days a week beginning in August.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.