CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Monday, June 8, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated June 8):
- Coral Springs has 327 cases – up 8 case from Sunday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
211 in the 33063 zip code.
190 in the 33065 zip code.
50 in the 33067 zip code.
245 in the 33068 zip code.
108 in the 33071 zip code.
105 in the 33073 zip code.
80 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 7,924 cases.
- Florida has 64,904 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 1,235,513 (Negative: 1,169,646)
- Total deaths in Florida: 2,712
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 11,008
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- Starting Tuesday, Broward County Public Schools will begin its summer meals program. Grab-and-go meal service will go from 10–1pm every Tuesday, providing children 18 years and younger, and adults who accompany them, meals for the entire week.
Meals will be served at these Coral Springs schools: Maplewood Elementary, Ramblewood Middle School, Sawgrass Springs Middle School, and Forest Glen Middle School.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.