CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Monday, May 11 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 11)
- Coral Springs has 230 cases – up two from Sunday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
129 in the 33063 zip code.
128 in the 33065 zip code.
37 in the 33067 zip code.
177 in the 33068 zip code.
81 in the 33071 zip code.
62 in the 33073 zip code.
52 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 5,882 cases.
- Florida has 40,982 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 561,741 (Negative: 520,075)
- Total deaths in Florida: 1,735
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 7,224
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- In a survey on Monday, a majority of Broward County mayors supported a phased-in re-opening of restaurants, retail stores, hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, drive-in theaters, and gyms inside housing developments -- all with strict safety protocols, according to the Broward County Commission. May 18 is the target date for those openings.
County commissioners will hold a special workshop on Tuesday, at 11 am, to discuss the phased re-opening of businesses and amenities.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.