CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Sunday, July 12, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs, Broward County, and Florida, according to Florida Department of Health.
- 50 new cases reported Sunday. (1,095 total cases since the start of the pandemic)
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
711 in the 33063 zip code.
659 in the 33065 zip code.
205 in the 33067 zip code.
826 in the 33068 zip code.
381 in the 33071 zip code.
436 in the 33073 zip code.
336 in the 33076 zip code.
- 1,826 new cases reported on Sunday. (30,025 total cases since the start of the pandemic) (13.5% of people testing positive out of those taking the test.)
- 9 new deaths reported on Sunday. (464 total deaths since the start of the pandemic) (2% of all cases)
- 30 new people hospitalized reported on Sunday. (2,535 total people hospitalized since the start of the pandemic) (9% of all cases)
- Florida had 15,299 new cases reported on Sunday. (269,811 total cases since the start of the pandemic)
- Florida had 44 new deaths reported on Sunday. (4,242 total deaths since the start of the pandemic. (2% of all cases)
Florida had 15,299 new coronavirus cases reported Sunday -- setting a new record for the most of new reported cases in a state in a single day since the beginning of the pandemic.
The previous record was 11,571 reported cases in New York on April 14, when the state was the epicenter of the U.S. outbreak, according to CBS News.
In addition, Sunday was the third day in a row that Florida reported more than 10,000 new cases.
Locations for testing sites:
Coronavirus business violations:
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.