CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Sunday, May 10 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 10)
- Coral Springs has 228 cases – up three from Saturday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
127 in the 33063 zip code.
126 in the 33065 zip code.
37 in the 33067 zip code.
177 in the 33068 zip code.
82 in the 33071 zip code.
61 in the 33073 zip code.
52 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 5,858 cases.
- Florida has 40,596 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 539,630 (Negative: 498,352)
- Total deaths in Florida: 1,721
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 7,171
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine pressed over the weekend for the county to begin opening up more businesses. He said on social media: “I believe it is time for @browardinfo County to safely start re-opening and move to phase 1. We should practice safe social distancing. At risk people and others who don't feel ready should be cautious and stay home, but it’s time to restart our Broward economy in a safe manner.”
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.