CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Thursday, June 25, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated June 25)
- Since the start of the emergency, Coral Springs has had 513 cases – up 12 cases from Wednesday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
314 in the 33063 zip code.
288 in the 33065 zip code.
89 in the 33067 zip code.
401 in the 33068 zip code.
165 in the 33071 zip code.
189 in the 33073 zip code.
141 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 12,584 cases.
- Florida has 114,018 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 1,721,812 (Negative: 1,606,626)
- Total deaths in Florida: 3,327
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 13,775
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
This week, Broward County issued a stern new order aimed at businesses that fail to comply with sanitization, social distancing and facial coverings. Those failing to comply will be required to:
- Immediately close for a minimum of 24 hours. They could re-open if, among other things, the owner, general manager, or chief executive officer of the business signs a document that he/she has reviewed the emergency orders.
- Businesses with repeat violations could be fined for up to $15,000.
To report a non-compliant business, contact the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000. Reports can be made anonymously.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.