CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Thursday, May 21 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 21)
- Coral Springs has 251 cases – up two from Wednesday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
160 in the 33063 zip code.
146 in the 33065 zip code.
38 in the 33067 zip code.
198 in the 33068 zip code.
87 in the 33071 zip code.
82 in the 33073 zip code.
57 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 6,514 cases.
- Florida has 48,675 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 815,584 (Negative: 765,254)
- Total deaths in Florida: 2,144
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 8,946
- More businesses are opening up. Based on a Broward County order, pet groomers are now allowed to operate as long as they comply with sanitary, social distancing, and other guidelines issued by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Gyms, however, remained closed on Thursday. At Wednesday’s City Commission meeting, a group of residents urged the city to take action against the county to permit the opening of gyms. Commissioners ended up not pursuing anything on the hope that the county is close to allowing gyms to open.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.