CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Thursday, May 7 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 7)
- Coral Springs has 217 cases – up three from Wednesday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
110 in the 33063 zip code.
110 in the 33065 zip code.
37 in the 33067 zip code.
167 in the 33068 zip code.
80 in the 33071 zip code.
58 in the 33073 zip code.
50 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 5,677 cases.
- Florida has 38,828 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 493,576 (Negative: 454,122)
- Total deaths in Florida: 1,600
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 6,765
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- To show national unity and support healthcare workers, the Navy's Blue Angels will be flying over Coral Springs on Friday. The legendary flight team will be showcasing their aerial abilities along the east coast of the state between Miami and Jacksonville, making a brief path over Coral Springs sometime between 1 and 1:25 pm.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.