CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Wednesday, June 3, update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated June 3)
- Coral Springs has 293 cases – up four cases from Monday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
193 in the 33063 zip code.
170 in the 33065 zip code.
46 in the 33067 zip code.
223 in the 33068 zip code.
97 in the 33071 zip code.
89 in the 33073 zip code.
68 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 7,339 cases.
- Florida has 58,764 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 1,081,825 (Negative: 1,022,149)
- Total deaths in Florida: 2,566
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 10,525
Bars and movie theaters across Florida will be able to reopen for the first time in nearly three months, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday. Broward County and the rest of South Florida is excluded, for now.
Under the second phase of re-opening, bars and theaters will be able to open at 50 percent capacity, while restaurants will be able to permit seating at bars. Gyms will also be able to operate at full capacity.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.