CORAL SPRINGS, FL - Here is our Wednesday, May 6 update on the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Coral Springs and beyond.
The latest numbers (according to Florida Department of Health, updated May 6, 8 p.m.)
- Coral Springs has 214 cases – up three from Tuesday.
- In the zip codes of Coral Springs and surrounding cities:
110 in the 33063 zip code.
110 in the 33065 zip code.
37 in the 33067 zip code.
164 in the 33068 zip code.
80 in the 33071 zip code.
58 in the 33073 zip code.
50 in the 33076 zip code.
- Broward County has 5,553 cases.
- Florida has 38,002 cases.
- Total tested in Florida: 480,654 (Negative: 442,049)
- Total deaths in Florida: 1,539
- Total hospitalized in Florida: 6,557
(The number of cases, above, does not reflect how many people have recovered from the virus.)
- As unemployment goes up, CareerSource Broward is offering free professional workshops, covering a variety of topics, including resume writing, interview tips and social media. Learn more here.
- Broward County has started offering mobile and in-home testing for coronavirus for homebound elderly and disabled. Call 954-357-9500 for pre-qualifying assessment. Details here.
Open for business:
Check out our list of Coral Springs restaurants offering delivery and/or takeout service.
Also, worth reading:
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (email@example.com) and tell him about it.