CORAL SPRINGS, FL – All Coral Springs high school seniors can be part of drive-by graduation parades.
The City of Coral Springs, in partnership with the principals of schools in Coral Springs, provided Wednesday the details of the parades and their routes.
Here’s the info:
- All participants are required to remain in their vehicles and practice safe social distancing.
Participants will enter the staging area at the intersection of Royal Palm Blvd. and Sportsplex Drive, police personnel will be present to assist. The parade will start on Sportsplex Drive at the south point of the parking lot, turn north on Sportsplex Drive with the procession ending at Sample Road.
- High school graduation parade details:
Coral Springs High School Class of 2020 –Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Contact: A.P. Michael Marhefk: (754) 322-0500
Coral Glades High School Class of 2020 – Thursday, June 4, 2020
Contact: A.P. Michele Stein: (754) 322-1250
Coral Springs Charter School Cass of 2020 – Thursday, June 4, 2020
Contact: Principal Gary Springer: (754) 307-6393
J.P. Taravella High School Class of 2020 – Friday, June 5, 2020
Contact: A.P. Deborah Johnson: (754) 322-2300
For all schools, except Coral Springs Charter School, the times are as follows. :
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. for last names beginning with A-K
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. for last names beginning with L-R
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. for last names beginning with S-Z
Parade begins at 9:30 a.m.
Coral Springs Charter School times are as follows:
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. arrival
Parade begins at 2:30 p.m.
- Parade route rules:
- One vehicle per graduate student will be authorized. Parents and family are permitted to drive in the graduate’s vehicle.
- Students and parents must remain inside their vehicle at all times.
- There will not be any restroom facilities available.
- There will not be any available parking for additional guests.
- No spectators other than school staff will be permitted on the parade route.
- No stopping along the route
The valedictorian and salutatorian for each graduating class will be the first two cars in the parade. There is no additional “order” for the lineup of the parade route.
- Tennis Center visitors can access the facility through the Aquatic Complex or provided access with the assistance of police officers from the south entrance of the staging area. Southbound traffic on Sportsplex Drive will be redirected to northbound travel to avoid the parade route.
Clarification: The City of Coral Springs worked with principals of schools in Coral Springs on the drive-by parades, not the school district as reported earlier.
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.