CORAL SPRINGS, FL – Ammunition for the police department. New sidewalk and playground projects in neighborhoods. New rescue vehicles.
These were among the seven projects and expenses approved last week by Coral Springs City Commission at a cost of up to $1.2 million.
Here’s what commissioners approved during their May 6 public meeting:
- Furnish and install playground equipment at Castlewood Park. Playmore West, Inc. of Fort Myers will be paid $79,925.
- Purchase ammunition for the police department. Florida Bullet, Inc. of Clearwater will be paid $74,723.
- Professional engineering services for the stormwater drainage system in the Westchester area. Chen Moore & Associates, Inc., Fort Lauderdale will be paid up to $200,000.
- Sidewalk improvements to NW 24th Street and NW 27th Street. FG Construction, LLC, of Tamarac will be paid $49,895.92.
- Improvements to sidewalks on both sides of NW 28th Street between University Drive and Forest Hills Boulevard. FG Construction, LLC, of Tamarac will be paid $58,149.23.
- Installation of emergency vehicle accessories for police patrol and administrative vehicles.
Dana Safety Supply of Jacksonville will be paid up to $144,000.
- Purchase of two Wheeled Coach rescue vehicles. Hall-Mark RTC of Ocala will be paid up to $642,630.
Learn more about these projects and expenses here.
Know a story we should share with our readers? Email editor Leon Fooksman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell him about it.