CORAL SPRINGS, FL – If you’re picking up a to-go order from a Coral Springs restaurant, don’t just walk in, grab your food, and then eat it in your car.
There’s a safer way to enjoy your take-out meal in the age of the coronavirus, city officials said Friday.
They offered “social distancing tips” for picking up take-out from local restaurants:
- Use disinfectant wipes to open doors
- Only enter the facility if there are less than ten people, including staff
- If there are other people in the facility, maintain six feet of separation at all times
- If you use your credit card to pay at the cash register, disinfect the card before putting it away
- Clean and disinfect any pen or stylus used to sign receipts or bring your own pen from home
- When you get home, take the food out of the containers and throw them out
- Wash your hands thoroughly before eating
Also, on Friday, Coral Springs required apartment-style senior living communities to close communal dining and workout facilities and order employee screening and the use of protective gear.