CORAL SPRINGS, FL – The job for the real estate worker was simple: pick up monthly payments for a Coral Springs rental property and deposit them in a bank account for the property owner.
But the worker, Roopa Vick, 39, allegedly didn’t do that, according to a police report.
Vick is accused of never deposited $18,400 in rent for the property on Northwest 28th Drive, owned by Uttamal Mongru, who lives in Trinidad, the report said. He is also accused of producing fake work orders for $6,000 for a new air conditioning unit and for $915 for a water leak repair job, the report said.
Police charged Vick with grand theft between $20,000 to $100,000, a scheme to defraud organized, and collecting illegal real estate broker fees. He was allegedly involved in a similar scheme with another property owner from Trinidad, police said.
Vick was among the people arrested by Coral Springs police between Feb. 2 to Feb. 11:
- Stephanie Elizabeth Bryant, 46, arrested on a charge of possession of fentanyl.
- Jorge A. Ramirez Gonzalez, 42, arrested on a charge of DUI failure to submit to breath, blood and urine.
- Michael Alan Stenquist, 39, arrested on a charge of possession of fentanyl.
- Samuel Bernard Moreland, 25, arrested on a charge of petit theft.
- Anthony Salvatore Alonge, 56, arrested on a charge of DUI.
- Michelle Rena Ramos, 50, arrested on a charge of DUI, third offense in over 10 years.
- Matthew Paul Byrd, 28, arrested on a charge of battery on law enforcement officer,
- John Louis Franco, 50, arrested on a charge of battery.
- Rafi Rishimaharaj, 32, arrested on a charge of battery.
- Eliane Pereira Durante, 50, arrested on a charge of resisting arrest with violence.
Those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.