CORAL SPRINGS, FL – The 31-year-old man had just hit a car, and he was slurring his words as well as pacing and swaying back and forth, police said.
Moments later, police arrested Jaime David Murcia Gomez for drinking and driving and causing the collision on March 1 at West Atlantic Avenue and Coral Ridge Drive, police said. He told police that he thought he was in Plantation when he hit the car, indicating how intoxicated he was behind the wheel.
He was charged with DUI alcohol, damage to property and persons, driver’s license suspended, and red light - failure to stop.
He was among the people arrested by Coral Springs police between Feb. 26 and March 3:
- Alberto Felipe Acosta, 66, arrested on a charge of battery on a law enforcement officer.
- Jarvis A. Cure, 30, arrested on a charge of cocaine possession.
- James Robert Butch, 41, arrested on a charge of possession of hydrocodone.
- Eddison William Bowe, 34, arrested on a charge of possession of clonazepam.
- Joshua Jeffrey Lizer, 39, arrested on a charge of DUI.
- Trevaughn Nicarjhuan Wright, 18, arrested on a charge of obstructing an officer without
- Joel E. Pizarro, 23, arrested on a charge of shoplifting/petit theft.
- Attilio G. Colacurcio Beggeres, 32, arrested on a charge of shoplifting/petit theft.
- Maria J. Sabando, 23, arrested on a charge of shoplifting/petit theft.
Those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.