Grants may be awarded to teachers, teacher teams, administrators, or district staff. Grants may be submitted with partner organizations (e.g., community members, organizations, PTA.)
The Fund is seeking to fund grant proposals that:
- are in line with the district’s mission and curricular goals but are not currently funded. These may include forward thinking approaches to teaching and learning that require seed funding. For grants that would require subsequent funding, consideration should be taken for how the district might budget for the cost, contingent upon the success of the project.
- show clearly how the proposed project is intended to improve student learning or achieve learning objectives for students.
- make a logical and clear connection between the needs of the students, the activities you will undertake to meet that need, and the outcome/impact on that need by the end of the project.
NOTE: Professional development (teacher practice): Grants may include a request for related professional development. This should be indicated in the Rationale and calculated in the Budget on the application.
Sign Up for E-News
Requests for funding including technology will require review from the district technology supervisor and/or the building principal to assure compatibility with existing district technology and that technology support/repair can be provided if necessary.
All funded applicants are required to complete a Project Evaluation Form and communicate the end result of the funding following implementation of the grant.
Grants will not be awarded for:
- Assemblies or one-time events (see Sarah Van Why Grant above for exception)
- Teacher stipends
- Giveaways (backpacks, water bottles, goodie bags, etc.)
- Meals and refreshments
- General classroom supplies and equipment not related to a special project
- Projects that can more appropriately be funded through another source
Visitwww.cranfordfund.org to learn more, and please do not hesitate to contact the Grants Committee or your building administrator with questions.