CRANFORD - The school search platform Niche.com on Tuesday published it’s 2021 rankings of Best School Districts in NJ, placing the Cranford School District at No. 42 out of 243 ranked.
The No. 42 rank is a 19-spot fall for the Cranford School District compared to last year's No. 23 rank. In Niche's Best School Districts in Union County ranking, Cranford comes in at No. 10, a drop of seven spots compared to last year's No. 3 ranking.
Niche.com gave the Cranford School District an “A+” in academics, an “A+” for its teachers, an “A” for its clubs and activities, a “B+” for its administration, an “A-” for its food, a “C” on diversity, an “A” for college prep, an “A+” for health and safety, an “A” for sports and a “B” for resources and facilities.
Niche.com says it ranks schools based on a “rigorous analysis of academic and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with test scores, college data and ratings collected from millions of Niche users.”
Cranford High School came in at No. 10 in the 2021 ranking of Union County public high schools, found here on Niche.com. The full ranking lists 31 high schools county-wide:
- Union County Magnet High School (Scotch Plains)
- Academy for Information Technology (Scotch Plains)
- Academy for Allied Health Science (Scotch Plains)
- Union County Vocational Technical High School (Scotch Plains)
- Summit High School (Summit)
- Westfield High School (Westfield)
- Academy for Performing Arts (Scotch Plains)
- New Providence High School (New Providence)
- Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School (Scotch Plains)
- Cranford High School (Cranford)