The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders announced today
that there will be a free Drive-Up screening of “Casper” at the Union County
Vocational-Technical Schools Campus, located at 1776 Raritan Rd, Scotch Plains
on Friday, October 30, at 7:00 p.m. Parking begins at 6:00 p.m.
Due to space limitations, advanced reservations are required. To register, go to ucnj.org/reserve/ beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, October 23. Only one registration is required per vehicle.
“The Casper drive-up movie provides families with a great way to celebrate Halloween
and enjoy a ‘night out at the movies’ with safety in mind,” said Freeholder
Chairman Alexander Mirabella.
The following rules and guidelines apply to residents wishing to attend:
• The event will run in compliance with state COVID-19 orders, regarding social
distancing and other protocols.
• The event is open to Union County residents ONLY.
• The event is free to attend but pre-registration is required.
• Due to space limitations reservations will be available on a first come, first
• To help promote social distancing, no walk-ups, bikes or chairs are permitted.
• Attendees must bring their own snacks and drinks. There will not be any food or
drink available for purchase.
• Vehicles will be arranged at least 6 feet apart with adequate social
• Attendees must stay in their vehicles (unless they need to use the
• Port-o-johns will be available. Masks are required when using the port-o-johns.
Further details will be available to residents upon registration.
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19
outbreak, including guidance for the free Drive-Through Test Center at Kean
University, visit ucnj.org/coronavirus-update.
For general information about COVID-19 and phone contacts for 24/7 assistance with
questions, visit the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.