CRANFORD - The 2020 Cranford Bulk Waste Collection returns in October and extends the same price, terms, and zones as 2019.
HOW THE CLEANUP PROGRAM WORKS
- A permit is required at a cost of $120.00.
- The amount of material placed at the curbside cannot exceed 750 pounds per permit. More than one permit can be obtained. Registrants should have a general idea of what they will be placing at the curbside when they purchase the permit to determine whether they will need more than one permit.
- The Permit fee must be paid at the time of registration. Each registrant will be issued a sticker to be placed on the most prominent object at the curbside and a placard to be displayed in the front window of the house
- To make it easier this year, residents can sign up through CommunityPass – www.cranfordnj.org/public-works. Alternatively, the Permit Application with payment can be mailed or delivered to the Health Department Drop box located outside the Health Department entrance behind the Municipal Building.
- Permit sales start on September 8th and concludes one week before pick-up begins.
- Permits cannot be purchased after Noon on Friday prior to your pickup week. No refunds will be issued.
- Make check payable to "Township of Cranford."
- Same Zones as prior years and listed below. If you need help determining your Zone, you may call the Office at 908-709-7299.
ZONE PERMIT SALE SCHEDULE
- Zone 1 – September 8 to October 2
- Zone 2 – September 8 to October 16
- Zone 3 – September 8 to November 6
- Zone 4 – September 8 to November 20
ZONE DESCRIPTIONS AND PICKUP SCHEDULES
*** Items must be curbside by 7 a.m. on the first Monday of your scheduled pickup.
Zone 1 (Oct. 5 – Oct. 16): Northwest section including all streets west of the river and Springfield Ave. toward Kenilworth Blvd. and North Ave. West up to the Garwood/Westfield line.
Zone 2 (Oct. 19 – Nov. 6): Northeast section including all of Riverside Drive and all streets to the east of Springfield Avenue linking North Avenue. East to the Roselle Park and Kenilworth line.
Zone 3 (Nov. 9 – Nov. 20): Southwest section and all streets west of Walnut Ave. to South Ave. West to the Clark/Garwood line.
Zone 4 (Nov. 23 – Dec. 4): Southeast section and all streets east of Walnut Avenue from South Avenue East to Roselle line and all streets north of Raritan Road to Roselle line.
*** Must be received before zone schedule begins
Township of Cranford
Attn: Bulk Waste Permits
8 Springfield Avenue Cranford, New Jersey 07016
Drop Box located at Cranford Municipal Building Health Department (Lower Level), 8 Springfield Avenue.
Air Conditioners, Appliances (Stoves, refrigerators, washers, etc. Note: Please remove doors), Furniture, Carpeting, Lawn Furniture, Old Books (Note: Used books should be recycled at the curb in brown paper bags or bundled), Tires, Miscellaneous Wood or Metal (Note: Must be bundled in 4’ lengths), Non-riding Lawn Mowers, Toys, Old Doors & Windows, Hot Water Heaters, Tools, Clothing / Textiles, Construction Materials (not by contractor)
Pesticides, Herbicides, Paint & Paint Thinners, Pool Chemicals, Hazardous Materials, Gas or Propane Canisters & Fuel Tanks, Riding Mowers and Similar Equipment, Construction Materials Generated by Contractors, Auto Batteries, Tree Stumps, Vegetative Waste, Grass, Junked Vehicles, Food Waste & Household Garbage, Explosive or Flammable Materials, Items of Excessive Weight (Examples: Pianos. Pool Tables & Oil Tanks), Glass Bottles, Aluminum Cans, Newspapers, Magazines and other Mandatory Recyclables, Bricks, Stones, Cement
***Recycle at Conservation Center: TV Sets, Computers & Electronics, Motor Oil / Filters
- Roll and tie rugs.
- Fencing and posts should be cut in 4 ft. lengths and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
- Place small loose items in sturdy containers or neatly bundled weighing no more than 50 lbs.
- Doors on cabinets and appliances must be removed for safety.
- Any indoor/outdoor gym equipment must be dismantled and cut to 4 ft. lengths.
- No materials will be accepted from non-residents.
- Commercial, industrial, business, or yard waste from landscapers will not be accepted.
- Materials must be placed at the curb before 7:00 a.m. on the first day scheduled for your section.
- Please place materials out no earlier than five (5) days before your scheduled pick up.