CRANFORD - The Cranford PAL Flag Football Program is happy to announce a new partnership with the former NFL players at National Flex Football (NFX). With the partnership, PAL is integrating the Flex Football program into its flag football program and creating one of the safest new sports programs in this region for your child(ren).
Flex promotes safety, progression, and player development. FlexGear by Rocksolid will be worn during gameplay, and will be purchased by the PAL to further enhance the safety of our kids. The equipment will be a soft shell helmet and soft shell shoulder pads worn under their pinnies. Increased safety equipment is a growing trend in youth sports and Cranford PAL is proud to be at the cutting edge of providing this for your children during the fall season.
· 9v9 game format: 3 OL,1 QB and 5 eligible vs. 2 DL, 3 LB and 4 DB's
· Limited Contact-Blocking allowed, no tackling or head/shoulder contact. Linemen will utilize a two point stance instead of a three point stance
· Running and passing allowed
· Traditional point scoring and 1st downs
· Builds a foundation for properly engaging in contact before you get to tackle
· Thrill of football without the risks of impact
· Style of play seen in NFL practices
· Introduces line of scrimmage for the 1st time
· Realistic football atmosphere designed to develop football I.Q.
About the Gear:
FlexGear is the same gear trusted by 15 of your favorite NFL teams. This provides proper and safe technique development for our players.
You can learn more at flexfootball.com. The PAL Flag Football Program is run by Flag Football Coordinator Chris Coccaro, with support from PAL Football Director Andrew Hooey. For more information about what the Cranford PAL offers, visit www.cranfordpal.org