ROSELLE, NJ - The New Jersey State Police produced a composite portrait of the suspect wanted for questioning related to the multiple luring incidents in Roselle, Linden and Kenilworth.
Police said, at least three of the incidents took place in Roselle during the last week, and the circumstances of each remain under investigation. The luring victims, all girls ranging in age from 12 to 16, all reported that the incidents involved an unknown man either asking them if they wanted a ride or physically grabbing them on the street. None of the girls were injured as a result, as each managed to escape while the man and he drove away.
In Roselle, the reported incidents all took place in a small area extending from Locust St. to Chandler Ave. between E. 5th and E.10th Ave., near Abraham Clark High School and Leonard V. Moore Middle School, and each occurred between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. according to Roselle Police.
Also under investigation are individual luring incidents that took place in Kenilworth and Linden during the last week. In Kenilworth, police say that a 15yr old girl reported being approached by an unknown man at approximately 2:15 p.m. on Wed. Sept. 21, in the area of Monroe Ave. and N.16th St.
In Linden, police said, two 10yr. old girls reported an unknown vehicle following them near School No. 2 on S. Wood Ave. at approximately 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27.
These incidents all remain under joint investigation by the Prosecutor’s Office’s Special Victims Unit and the Kenilworth, Linden, and Roselle police departments. Anyone with information about any of these matters are urged to contact the Union County Prosecutor’s Office Sgt. Timothy Durkin at 973-698-9529 or Roselle Police Department Detective Carmen Olivera at 908-245-9200.