Youth with special needs or those who could use a little help and encouragement in participating in recreation are welcome to register for several “TryCAN” programs being offered by Summit Community Programs this fall. These popular and affordable programs, open to children from any town, help youth develop skills that allow them to pursue a sport or activity further or simply provide them with a meaningful recreation experience, using teen Peer Mentors from local middle and high schools to help participants learn and have fun.
- Tennis Skills – Saturdays starting April 8.
- Flag Football – Sundays starting April 23.
- Golf – Tuesdays starting April 18.
- Move and Dance for older kids (ages 10-15) – Sundays starting March 26.
- Dance and Movement Group (ages 5-9) – Sundays starting March 26.
- Mini Yoga Group (ages 8-12) – Sundays starting March 26.
- Let’s Pretend play and social group for 3-5 year olds – Saturdays starting March 25.
- Play and Learn play and social group for 6-7 year olds – Saturdays starting March 25.
- Kidz Club social group (ages 6-9) – Saturdays starting March 25.
- Social Skills, using technology, for 8-12 year olds – Mondays starting April 17.
- Teen Friendship Group – Mondays starting April 17.
- Runners Club (5th-12th graders) – Mondays starting April 17.
All programs are held at the Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Avenue. For detailed program information and prices, contact TryCAN at email@example.com. Register online at https://register.communitypass.net/summit, by phone 908-277-2932 or in person at Summit Community Center. Space is limited.