CRANFORD, NJ - Please be advised that the Westfield Regional Health Department has scheduled the following dates for seasonal Flu Inoculation Programs. These programs are open only to residents of Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, New Providence, Roselle Park, Summit and Westfield. Proof of residency may be required.
There is a $20, cash only, fee for every participant that does not have Medicare Part B or the following insurances: Aetna, CIGNA, Coventry, Multiplan, UMWA, Humana, Medicare Railroad, Three Rivers and United Healthcare. Please bring your health insurance card. Participants will be taken on a first come/first serve basis.
Monday, Sept. 28, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., Westfield Municipal Building, 425 East Broad Street, Westfield
Wednesday, Sept. 30, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m., Mountainside Municipal Building, 1385 Rt. #22 East, Mountainside, NJ (Court Room)
Anyone that is Medicare Part B eligible must please bring their card to the program
CDC now recommends all individuals 6 months and older receive seasonal influenza vaccine (i.e., the flu shot) especially:
- persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- residents of long-term care facilities
- persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
- children aged 6 months or older, who attend any licensed child care center or pre-school activity
- pregnant women
- health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children aged <6 months
For additional information, contact the Westfield Health Department at (908) 789-4070.