Don't delay getting the care you need.
If you are experiencing a serious illness or severe symptoms of any kind, please do not put off seeking emergency medical care due to fears of coronavirus. Delaying emergency medical help could worsen symptoms or result in a life-threatening situation. In the event of a medical emergency, do not hesitate to call 9-1-1.
All Atlantic Health System emergency rooms remain open and safe for an emergency of any kind, including both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related illnesses. Please know we have implemented many safety measures to keep our patients and caregivers safe.
What Precautions Are Being Taken at Hospitals?
- Everyone entering the hospital must wear a facemask at all timesPatients with COVID-19 are isolated from other patients.
- Personal Protective Equipment (respirators, face shields/goggles, gloves and gowns) are worn.
- Handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer gel is strictly enforced.
- No visitors are allowed (except under extraordinary circumstances).
- All public areas are cleaned throughout the day using hospital-grade disinfectants. All patient rooms, patient care areas and equipment are thoroughly cleaned between patients using appropriate disinfectants. Additional cleaning using bleach products is completed in all rooms and areas occupied by a COVID patient.
- All health care personnel and any visitors are screened for COVID-19 symptoms including a fever prior to entering the hospital
What should I do if I am experiencing symptoms of a heart attack or stroke?
Heart attacks and strokes don’t stop during a pandemic, so don’t hesitate to seek immediate medical care. If you are experiencing symptoms, such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, trouble lifting your arms or weakness,
call 9-1-1. Learn more>
Can I see a doctor online?
Yes. With a secure telehealth visit, you can consult with an experienced physician who can help diagnose, manage and treat certain conditions or symptoms, all from the comfort of your home. Telehealth can help determine if on-site emergency treatment is needed. See how>
Thank you for #CaringTogether
Thank you for doing your part to help slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community. Staying at home, practicing social distancing and frequent handwashing are the most important things you can do to help slow the spread of the disease. This will allow us all to protect one another and care for our most vulnerable communities.
For more ways you can help, visit AtlanticHealth.org/Together.