CRANFORD - Looking for something to do while staying home? Check out this week's schedule for Virtual Cranford.
Wednesday, May 20: "Couch Fest" at 6 p.m. Enjoy live musical performances from the comfort of your couch.
6:00 p.m. - Art Saliceti
6:15 p.m. - Jampagne Band
6:30 p.m. - Ella Bradley
6:45 p.m. - Hope Williams
7:00 p.m. - Kelli Bruno
Saturday, May 23 and Sunday, May 24: "Basketball Free Throw and 3-point Single Elimination Tournament" begins on Saturday at 9 a.m. and concludes on Sunday.
How the tournament will work:
- All Participants will be required to use their own basketball hoop (Standard Height 10ft) and ball. A family member must be available to record live. They would be responsible for showing the shots taken/made via a mobile device (preferably a phone/iPad).
- Participants will be required to measure out 15ft from their basketball hoop and mark it on the ground with chalk or a piece of tape. They will also be required to measure 21ft from the basketball hoop and mark that as the 3pt line.
- Participants will be matched with another participant in their age range (7-12) (13-18) (19 and above).
- Participants will be given a time slot on May 23rd that they will be going LIVE to do their shots. They will need to go live by using a STREAMYARD link that will be emailed to them.
- Participants will be challenged to take (10) free throw shots that would be worth (2pts) each.
- Each participant will also take (5) 3pt Shots. Each of these baskets would be worth (3pts) each.
- Total points that each participant can score would be 35pts. The person who moves on is the person who scores the best out of 35 points. (The winner would have to be available later in the day or the next day to play again - a bracket will be released with times once the number of participants is determined)
- In the case of a tie in any round, a sudden death shoot off at the free throw line (15ft line) would take place. Winner would be determined by having the best score out of 5 shots.
- First, Second and Third place winners in each age range will be awarded prizes.
How to sign up:
- Register by May 18th by clicking this link: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/cranfordcc/370302 and click the button that says JOIN THE GUEST LIST and sign up!
- (Optional) It is asked that everyone who signs up donates to Cranford Family Care (suggested gift $10-$20)
- The first 32 people in each age range will be entered into the tournament. Once 32 participants are reached, no one else will be able to enter the tournament in each age range.
- If there are an uneven number of participants signed up in a particular age range, one (randomly selected) player would get a "bye" and move onto the next round. *(Alteration of each age range bracket could take place, depending upon level of interest)
- RAIN DATES WOULD BE JUNE 6th & 7th.
- 24 Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese - Gourmet Deli
- Six 1/2 lb Burgers, Six Buns, American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion & Mayo - Ye Olde Rathskellar
- Six Gourmet Hotdogs, Six Buns, Toppings include: Chili, Onions, Sauerkraut, & Truffle Cheese Sauce - Blast from the Past Hotdogs & Catering
- Tin of Brownies for Dessert - The Thirsty Turtle
- Total Price: $94.99.
- You can add a 32 oz. Glass Jar of Sangria from Ye Olde Rathskellar for $10.00.
Order on CranfordAreaChamber.com by Wednesday, May 20, 8 p.m.
Your kit will be delivered on Saturday, May 23 between Noon - 1 p.m.