CRANFORD - Cranford has two new positive cases of COVID-19 and three additional deaths since Friday, May 8, according to the Township of Cranford COVID-19 Update Newsletter on Monday.
Of the two new positive cases, one came from a resident in a long-term care facility in town, and the other from a resident in the community. All three new fatalities were from a long-term care facility.
To protect the private medical information of these individuals, Cranford will not be releasing additional information about these cases. Residents are asked to respect the impacted residents right to privacy based on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
"The downward trend continues, but people are still testing positive for the coronavirus, so let’s continue to be vigilant with social distancing, hand-washing and wearing masks to help stop the spread," the newsletter read.
COVID-19 Totals as of Monday, May 11
- 417 confirmed cases in Cranford (1 new in community/1 in LTC)
- 81 fatalities in Cranford (3 new in LTC)
- 14,164 confirmed cases in Union County (115 new)
- 875 fatalities in Union County
- 139,945 confirmed cases in NJ (1,450 new)
- 9,310 fatalities since March 4 in NJ