DENVILLE, NJ – To celebrate its 150th annual Memorial Day Parade, Denville Township will march with Rockaway Borough and Rockaway Township on Monday, May 27, and retrace the original parade route taken 150 years ago.
Sponsored by the Rockaway, Marcella and Denville Memorial Association, this year's parade will begin at 11 a.m. at the corner of Beach Street and Main Street in Rockaway Borough and proceed to the Civil War Monument in the Presbyterian Cemetery lot. Stops in between include:
- Library Roll of Honor (for the placing of a wreath and salute to the dead)
- Rockaway River Bridge (for the casting of flowers on waters and a salute to the dead)
- Firehouse (for a moment of silence for departed firefighters)
Before the parade, Denville will host several memorial services:
- American Legion ceremony at 9 a.m.
- Main Street Firehouse ceremony at 9:30 a.m. (followed by a wreath laying at the Obelisk by the Denville Rotary)
- Denville Cemetery at 10:15 a.m. for a wreath laying
Denville will resume hosting its own Memorial Day Parade next year.
This article has been updated with changes to the pre-parade Denville itinerary.
TAPintoDenville.net is a member of the New Jersey Press Association and is a hyperlocal news site that serves residents, organizations and business owners of Denville, New Jersey.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.
Got a news tip? Email us at fnixon@TAPinto.net.