The Denville Township Police Department is actively seeking professional, qualified and energetic applicants for the position of Class III Special Police Officer who possess the department’s Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Compassion, and Respect. The Class III Special Police Officer shall conduct School Safety and Security duties within the Denville Township Board of Education, K-8 School District.
- The applicant must be a retired law enforcement officer less than 65 years of age, who served as a duly qualified, fully-trained, full-time officer in any municipality or county of this State or as a member of the State Police and was separated from that prior service in good standing, within five years of appointment to this position.
- Applicant must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position, determined in accordance with the Police Training Commission
- Applicant must possess a NJ Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer Certification or NJ State Police Academy Certification
- Applicant must possess a valid New Jersey Driver License.
- Applicant must successfully pass a background investigation
Starting Salary for the Class III Special Police Officer shall be $22.50 per hour and he/she shall work a part-time work schedule up to 29 hours weekly, not to exceed 130 hours a month, to be determined upon hiring.
Preference may be given to retired police officers who previously served in a capacity as a School Resource, D.A.R.E or L.E.A.D. Officer.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Applicants must submit a resume and complete the Police Officer Initial Application that can be found on the department’s website at www.denvillepolice.org or on the website Police App at www.policeapp.com . Application packages may be hand delivered or mailed to Denville Township Police Department, 1 Saint Mary’s Place, Denville, NJ 07834.
Deadline for submission of resumes and applications is July 28, 2017.