LAN Associates’ Board of Directors recently announced a series of promotions within its architectural team.
Jim Sanders, who served as the Director of LAN’s architecture department in New Jersey, has been promoted to Vice President. He has been with LAN for 20 years and has been a key figure in the continued development and growth of the department. Managing a staff of approximately fifteen architects, design professionals, and draft persons, Sanders brings to the table exceptional project management experience that will further implement the creative ideas that are generated within the team.
“I look forward to continue building LAN’s architectural team in New Jersey, while also developing new markets to further advance the company,” said Sanders. “Our staff continues to challenge and educate themselves in the latest industry trends to expand LAN’s expertise, especially in the educational and healthcare sectors.
The architecture team is collectively working on more than $250m in design and construction. The following highlights a variety of projects:
- A $12m project for LEGOLAND’s new state-of-the-art park in Goshen, New York;
- A $50m project under construction at two Woodbridge Township schools -- the Ross Street Elementary School and Woodbridge Middle School;
- Finalizing designs for a 580,000sf retirement community for Christian Health Care Center;
- An estimated $34m addition and renovation to Goshen High School;
- A $25m project for multiple school additions at Fair Lawn School District;
- Beginning designs for several significant projects at Haddonfield Public Schools.
“This has been a busy year, and as we go forward, it is reassuring to know that we have an exceptional team, one of the best in the industry,” said Ken Karle, President of LAN Associates. “These promotions are an investment in our company because these individuals have the skills to succeed in the present and the forward thinking and innovative minds to lead our company into the future.”
The department has progressively grown by 40% over the last few years, a significant component attributing to the success of LAN. The following team members have been promoted to Associate roles:
- Danielle Farrell has been with LAN for 14 years in the Goshen Office. Danielle has shown great tenacity in her current role as Project Architect, managing all phases of various projects, specifically in commercial and educational work.
- Laura Schluger has been with LAN for 14 years in the Midland Park Office. She has extensive experience in new construction and renovation for private and public health care facilities, municipal, and commercial buildings.
- Matthew Fink has been with LAN for nine years, starting his career with LAN as an intern in the Midland Park Office. Matthew has shown immense creativity as a Project Architect, using his creativity and design skills to produce modern and innovative design solutions. In January, he received the Young Architect of the Year Award on behalf of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) New Jersey.
- Meghan Useo joined LAN eight years ago in the Goshen Office. Meghan brings an enthusiastic approach to her job which has helped her take on all stages of project development from conceptual design through construction for Boards of Education, housing authorities, commercial, industrial and residential clients.