DENVILLE, NJ -- JCP&L reported that 2,819 customers within Denville still remained without power as of 5 p.m., Sat., Aug. 8, according to an advisory issued by the Denville Township Police Department. Although this marks progress, the police department warned that to complete repairs in one area, JCP&L might need to turn off power to a wider area to make the repairs safely.
"Multiple crews continue to work throughout the township to make all necessary repairs to open roadways and, more importantly, return power to all of our residents," the advisory stated.
As of the issuance of the advisory Saturday evening, the following roads remained closed:
- Evergreen Rd (top section)
- Florence Ave (between by Denny & Diamond Spring Rd)
- Franklin Rd (between Locust Tr & Delaware Tr)
- Freeman Ln (area of Alpine Dr)
- Kitchell Rd (between Cedar Ter & Ford Rd)
- Lakewood Dr (between Ridgewood Parkway East and West)
- Old Mill Drive (between Cramsey Pl & Van Dorn Pl)
- Parks Rd (between Harmony Ln & Arlington Dr)
- Ridgewood Parkway East (entire length)
- Ridgewood Parkway West (entire length)
- West Shore Rd (between Guterl Pl & Lakeview Tr)
The police department continued to ask for patience during the recovery effort, noting that "[t]here was significant damage to the power grid throughout the township and, to a larger extent, throughout the state. The utility crews are working vigilantly to restore power to everyone as quickly and as safely as possible."
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.
Got a news tip? Email us at fnixon@TAPinto.net.
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!