DENVILLE, NJ-- Denville Township's annual Memorial Day Parade will be held on May 25, beginning at 10:00 a.m. The parade route will be as follows: East Main Street (near A&P shopping center) to Broadway to West Main Street to Righter Avenue through St. Mary's Church parking lot to Savage Road. The parade will conclude with ceremonies held at the Denville Cemetery.
As a result of the parade, the following roads will be closed as indicated below:
- East Main Street, betwen Menagh Avenue and Diamond Spring Road, beginning at approximately 9:40 a.m.
- East Main Street between Bloomfield Avenue and Diamond Spring Road will remain closed for the duration of the parade
- Bloomfield Avenue, between East Main Street and Broadway, beginning at approximately 9:40 a.m.
- Broadway, entire length, beginning at 9:50 a.m.
- West Main Street, entire length, beginning at approximately 9:55 a.m.
- No access into Denville Center from Route 46 at Wendy's
- Righter Avenue, entire length, beginning at approximately 9:55 a.m.
- Savage Road, between Route 46 and Katherine Street, beginning at approximately 10:15 a.m.
There will also be no access onto Route 46 from either Myers Avenue or St. Mary's Place. All traffic on southbound Diamond Spring Road will be diverted onto East Main Street as gaps in the parade allow. All roads, with the exception of East Main Street, noted above, will reopen as soon as the parade passes.
Anyone not attending the parade is strongly advised to plan an alternate route around the area. Any traffic going to or from St. Clare's Hospital should access Pocono Road via the Boulevard in Mountain Lakes.
Anyone with any questions or concerns should contact that Denville Police Department's Community Service Bureau at (973) 627-4900, ext. 351.