NEWTON, NJ—The 75 anniversary New Jersey State Fair-Sussex County Farm & Horse Show begins today, July 31.
The fair opens today at 10 a.m. The hours are from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. from Friday, July 31 through Saturday, August 8. The last day of the fair on Sunday, August 9 the hours will be from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Today’s events include the beginning of the Tribute to our Troops weekend, which goes from the fair opening until Sunday, August 2. There will be demonstrations and activities to go along with the weekend. Fairgoers can enjoy bulls, broncos and barrels at 7 p.m., along with the Sussex County Horse Show-Benefit Show and Tommie Turvey the Equestrian Entertainer. Fireworks will begin at 9 p.m.
Other special days include:
- Sunday, August 2 and Monday, August 3- Demo Derby beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 3 Green Day- Ecofriendly exhibits, activities, and demos from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 4 Children’s Day- Admission for children between the ages of 5 and 12 will be five dollars. There will be exhibits, activities, and entertainment from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Thursday, August 6 Senior Day- admission for seniors will be four dollars and there will be entertainment and displays from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 7 Peters Valley Day- Demonstrations by juried crafters will be from 9 a.m. through to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, August 8 Get Active Day- there will be activities and demonstrations from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Other attractions at the Sussex County Farm & Horse Show include:
- Agriculture Area
- Horse Show Area
- Miller Lite Outdoor Entertainment Area- includes demo derbies, tractor pulls, bulls & broncos, motocross and fireworks.
- Educational Exhibits
- Oscar the Robot
- RoNetco Supermarkets Family Entertainment Area
- Performing Arts Tent
- Carnival & Rides
For more information or to get tickets, check out their website. http://www.njstatefair.org/fair/