DENVILLE, NJ – Denville’s annual Fourth of July celebration takes place tonight at Gardner Field. The Street Hassle band will perform 7-9 p.m., followed by fireworks at approximately 9:30 p.m. As a result of the celebration, the road closures and no parking restrictions listed below will be in effect, announced the Denville Police Department (DPD).
- Franklin Road (northbound, toward Gardner Field) will be closed at Route 46, with all traffic having to turn onto either Route 46 East or West.
- St. Mary's Place will be closed to all traffic as soon as the parking lots for the Municipal Building and Riverview School are full.
- Savage Road will be closed to all traffic between Franklin Road and Morris Avenue as soon as the parking lots at Gardner Field are full.
- the Savage Road/Franklin Road jug handle from Route 46 West will close to all traffic as soon as pedestrian traffic becomes heavy.
No Parking Restrictions for July 4 (both sides unless specified otherwise):
- Augusta Place
- Legion Place
- Frazer Road
- Forrest Trail
- Morris Avenue (from Savage Road to Morris Catholic High School)
- Savage Road
- Riverside Drive West
- Snyder Avenue
- St. Mary's Place
- East Shore Road (northbound side only - the side opposite the lake)
The road closures will remain in effect, DPD stated, until the pedestrian traffic leaving Gardner Field has diminished to a level that allows safe movement of both pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
TAPintoDenville.net is a member of the New Jersey Press Association and is a hyperlocal news site that serves residents, organizations and business owners of Denville, New Jersey.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.
Got a news tip? Email us at fnixon@TAPinto.net.
Want to promote your business to thousands of community-minded readers? Become a TAPinto Denville advertiser! Call (908) 279-0303, x224 or click here.