DENVILLE, NJ -- Seniors in Denville and the entire Morris County area may be eligible for a special home repair program offered by Morris Habitat for Humanity.
The program aims to make accessibility, energy efficiency improvements and home repairs so that senior citizens can continue to live in their own homes longer and maintain independence, said officials for the organization.
All improvements are completed by Habitat volunteers under the guidance of construction supervisors. Modifications to improve the mobility, accessibility and safety of the home include: installing grab bars, installing stair handrails, changing door knobs to door levers, changing faucets to lever faucets, adding LED light fixtures, repairing sidewalk and other accessibility improvements.
The following criteria must be met to qualify:
- Own your own home and live in the home full time
- Resident is 62 years or older
- Home is in Morris County
- Property and county taxes on the home are current
- The mortgage is current or there is no mortgage on the home
- Homeowners insurance is current
Resident meets the income guidelines:
- 1 person in household - max allowable income is $53,404
- 2 people in household - max allowable income is $61,033
- 3 people in household - max allowable income is $68,662
- 4 people in household - max allowable income is $76,291
- 5 people in household - max allowable income is $82,394
- 6 people in household - max allowable income is $88,498
- 7 people in household - max allowable income is $94,601
To apply, contact Rich Cooke, Coordinator of Home Repair Services at Rich.Cooke@morrishabitat.org or call 973-891-1934 ext. 135.
TAPintoDenville.net is a member of the New Jersey Press Association and is a hyperlocal news site that serves residents, organizations and business owners of Denville, New Jersey.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.
Got a news tip? Email us at fnixon@TAPinto.net.
Market Your Business through TAPinto Denville!
TAPinto Denville will help you build your brand, improve your online presence and reach thousands of people in Denville and beyond. Packages include social media promotion, native content, clickable banner ads and D.I.Y. publication of events, press releases and more. Become a TAPinto Denville advertiser! Call (908) 279-0303, x224, or click here.