DENVILLE, NJ -- The Morris County Prosecutor's Office and the New Jersey Attorney General's Office invites the Denville community to participate in a virtual community forum on the Use of Force by Police Officers. The forum will take place on Fri., July 24, from 3-5 p.m. According to officials, the goal of the program is to strengthen relationships between law enforcement officers and the communities they serve, address areas of concern before conflicts arise and share views on police use of force.
- Host: Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp
- Morris County Supervising Assistant Prosecutor Christopher Schellhorn
- Morris County Detective/Supervisor Patrick LaGuerre
- Chester Police Chief Thomas Williver
- Long Hill Township Police Chief Ahmed Naga
- Calvary Baptist Church Pastor Jerry Carter, Morristown
- Rev. Herman Scott, Morris County Correctional Facility Chaplain and Morris County NAACP Executive Board Member
- Rev. Dr. David A. Hollowell, Morris Area Interfaith Clergy Council President and Morris County NAACP Executive Board Member
Click here to register for the forum.
To read New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal’s plans and the updated New Jersey Use of Force Policy, visit www.nj.gov/oag/excellence. Submit comments about the plans and policy directly to the Attorney General’s Office: nj.gov/oag/force.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.
Got a news tip? Email us at fnixon@TAPinto.net.
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!