MILLTOWN, NJ - The borough pulls out all the stops of the Fourth of July. So families searching for a cool spot to spend this year's Independence Day, Milltown has got it going on from early morning fishing fun to late night oohs and aahs over fireworks.
Here is the complete rundown for this year's Fourth of July fun in Milltown. Don't forget to wear your red, white and blue!
- 6 a.m. - Fishing Derby at Mill Pond by the Milltown Rescue Squad (weather permitting)
- 7:45 a.m. - Fun Run at Gloria Brandford Park on Violet Terrace (race is rain or shine)
- 8:10 a.m. - Milltown Firecracker 5K at Gloria Bradford Park on Violet Terrace (race is rain or shine)
- 10 a.m. - Parade (parade begins at VanLiew Avenue and proceeds down Main Street to Lincoln Avenue and finally onto JFK Boulevard)
- 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. - Family-friendly fun at Gloria Bradford Park featuring rides, vendors, Mr. Ray, High in the Mid 80s, food, Field Day with the Rangers AC and more
- 12:30 p.m. - Opening ceremonies at Gloria Bradford Park
- 2:30 p.m. - Patriotic house and apple pie winners will be announced at Gloria Bradford Park
- 2:30 p.m. - Rubber Duckie Race at Main Street Bridge
- 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. - Music and vendors at Gloria Bradford Park
- 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks at Gloria Bradford Park by Garden State
Gloria Bradford Park is located at 80 Violet Terrace. Parking will be prohibited on both sides of Violet Terrace from 6 a.m on July 4 until the conclusion of the fireworks in the evening.