HOBOKEN, NJ - New Jersey Transit has updated information about changes to this afternoon's rush hour commute:
All rail service into and out of Hoboken Terminal remains suspended. All Hudson Bergen Light Rail service into and out of Hoboken station remains suspended.
For the afternoon, NJ TRANSIT will be expanding bus, rail and light rail service to make up for the closure of Hoboken Terminal.
Beginning at approximately 4 p.m. the following service will be in effect:
• Main, Bergen, Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines will operate on a modified weekend schedule originating/terminating in Secaucus. Buses will shuttle customers from Hoboken to Secaucus Junction on a load and go basis. Customers will be directed to this service by ambassadors wearing safety vests.
• Customers who need to access Secaucus are urged to take trains from New York Penn Station.
• Morris & Essex Line, Gladstone Branch and Montclair-Boonton Line will be limited service for points west of Montclair State University and west of Dover.
• Northeast Corridor,North Jersey Coast Line (New York service only), Raritan Valley, MidTOWN DIRECT and Atlantic City rail lines will all operate on normal weekday schedules. Please note: MidTOWN DIRECT service will make additional stops east of Summit.
Customers may experience overcrowding and possible delays caused by congestion.
Metro North Service for Pascack Valley Line and Port Jervis Customers
• Metro-North will provide alternate bus service during the PM Peak on Thursday, September 29 for Pascack Valley Line and Port Jervis Line customers as follows:
For Pascack Valley Line (PVL) and Suffern, Sloatsburg, Tuxedo & Harriman customers:
• Take Hudson Line Train Service to Tarrytown Station for connecting bus service to all PVL stations and Suffern, Sloatsburg, Tuxedo & Harriman stations. Buses will meet trains departing Grand Central Terminal between 3:43 PM and 8:33 PM.
For Port Jervis Line (PJL) customers between Harriman and Port Jervis Stations:
• Take Hudson Line Train Service to Beacon Station for connecting bus service to all stations between Harriman and PortJervis stations. Buses will meet trains departing Grand Central Terminal between 3:48 PM and 8:29 PM.
Metro-North is honoring all PVL and PJL rail tickets until further notice.
• For schedule information click HERE.
• Extra service on NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 126 between Hoboken and Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York. All No. 126 service will be departing from regular gates 204/205 from 3 PM to 10 PM.
• Customers may need to use a temporary bus terminal in Hoboken pending the availability of the bus plaza. Customers will be notified where to get the service.
• All Hudson Bergen Light Rail service remains suspended into and out of Hoboken.
• 8th Street to Hoboken trains will terminate at Newport Station.
• Tonnelle Avenue to Hoboken trains will terminate at 2nd Street station.
• Westside Avenue to Tonnelle Avenue trains are not impacted.