SPOTSWOOD, NJ - Residents may have noticed pig signs popping up around town and that's because the Saint Peter's Episcopal Church on Main Street and Devoe Avenue will be hosting its annual Community Pig Roast on Saturday, September 19 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. There will be music, fun and of course, food. Tickets are $20 per person or $50 for a four-meal package. Advance tickets are recommended and can be purchased via the church website or by calling the parish office at 732-251-2449.
There is a whole host of amazing activities going on this weekend from apples to music. Take your pick!
- Head to Sea Girt on Saturday for the Irish Festival at the Jersey Shore. Tickets are $10 at the door of the Sea Girt National Guard Armory on Camp Drive and Sea Girt Avenue.
- Trucktoberfest takes over Monmouth Park this weekend with food trucks and Octoberfest beers.
- Point Pleasant Beach will be hosting the Festival of the Sea on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. Enjoy food from 25 area eateries, music and a wine garden. The rain date is Sunday.
- The Savor September Festival will be in beautiful downtown Stone Harbor on Saturday from noon until 8 p.m. Savor food, wine and microbrews.
- Celebrate Franklin Day in Colonial Park with music, food and a classic car show on Saturday from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. The rain date is September 26.
- Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck will be holding their annual Apple Fest this weekend from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Visitors can sample a variety of apples and see antique cars. Delicious Orchards also has amazing treats inside too.
- It's never too early for pumpkins, Charlie Brown. Heaven Hill Farm in Vernon will be holding the Great Pumpkin Festival from September 19 through November 1. Admission is $8 during the week and $10 on the weekend. Visitors will be treated to hayrides, a pumpkin patch, corn maze, animals and more fall fun.
- For lovers of a good scare, Six Flags Great Adventure's Fright Fest opens for weekends on September 19.
- Foodies may want to head to Trenton's Capital City Food Truck Battle. Admission is $5 and visitors can sample food from 15 trucks and enjoy music, a beer garden and farmer's market from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. at Riverview Plaza.
- Asbury Park will be rocking on Saturday with the Shadow of the City Festival at the Stone Pony. Weird NJ will be on hand along with food trucks and arcade games. Tickets are $59.50 in advance and $69.59 at the door. The fun starts at 1 p.m.
The upcoming weekend is the actual last one of the summer of 2015. Fall officially begins on Wednesday. Get out and enjoy!