MIDDLESEX COUNTY, NJ - National Recovery Month is a national observance held every September to educate Americans that substance use treatment and mental health services can enable those with mental health and substance use disorders to live healthy and rewarding lives. Now in its 31st year, Recovery Month celebrates the gains made by those living in recovery (https://www.recoverymonth.gov/).
As a part of the Peer Recovery Support Summit Series, we are inviting everyone to become active and celebrate Recovery. Together, we will all physically walk and virtually travel across the country from New Jersey to California in an effort to celebrate recovery.
Please help us reach our goal of collectively walking 3,000 miles by the end of the Challenge, September 30, 2020. When you join, you will have options to walk alone, join a team, track progress and participate in the challenge.
· When: September 1 through September 30, 2020.
· Where: in your community, neighborhood, park, street, beach (any walkable area)
· Cost: There are no fees to participate, this is a completely free event.
· Purpose: Celebrate Recovery
Use this link to join the challenge: WALK AND CELEBRATE RECOVERY- JOIN NOW
Confirm Org Code: NJPN
If your agency is hosting or participating in any Recovery Month events or activities, please email Breyonna@njpn.org or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promote and advertise your events and activities on the virtual recovery walk app!
Curious about what devices are compatible? MoveSpring connects to a variety of fitness tracking devices including Fitbit, Garmin, Withings, Apple Watch, Android Phones, iPhones, and Misfit. To view a full list of connectable devices click here.
1. Click this join link: https://link.movespring.com/join?groupCode=MD299E&orgCode=njpn
2. Follow steps to create your MoveSpring account & connect a device, and you’ll automatically be added to the challenge!
3. Don’t forget to click “Join or create a team” to be placed on your team. Want more help with that? Click here for a walkthrough on how to create your own team, or click here for steps on joining an exisiting team.