EAST BRUNSWICK, NJ - Here is the recent COVID 19 update from the Mayor’s Office:
The Township of East Brunswick, the East Brunswick School District, and the Middlesex County Health Department have been coordinating in the investigation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) case in East Brunswick. This resident has been hospitalized for several days.
There have been extensive efforts over the past 24 hours to coordinate with the different agencies. While we await further testing the family of the infected resident has self-quarantined. Our goal in the guidance we are providing is to slow any potential spread of the virus. We will continue to provide accurate information when it is available and appropriate to release to the community.
The township has instituted a comprehensive emergency response plan, in coordination with Federal, State and County Health Officials.
The NJ State and Middlesex County Health Department have not reported any new positive COVID-19 tests in East Brunswick at this time.
The public should exercise all safety guidelines as recommended by the NJ Department of Health and the CDC.
• Stay home if you are sick
• Monitor your symptoms
• Contact your primary care physician if you need medical care
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time (or the length of time it takes to sing happy birthday twice). Soap and water are preferred to hand sanitizer, and are usually more readily available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Do not reuse tissues after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
For additional information please refer to the Townships Office of Emergency Management webpage at https://www.eastbrunswick.org/550/Coronavirus-COVID-19 or Call 1-800-222-1222 for general information about the virus.
• The East Brunswick Public Library will open at 10 am on Friday, March 13, 2020.
• Township public schools and school activities will be closed through Sunday, March 15, 2020. Students and staff are permitted to gather their essential items from classrooms and lockers on Friday, March 13th from 8 - 10 AM ONLY.
• Acting with an abundance of caution, our Senior Center will be closed through March 29, 2020. The center’s staff can be contact via telephone from 8 am to 4 pm at 732-390-6896. The Meals on Wheels program will continue.
• All Indoor Recreation Activities are cancelled through Sunday, March 15, 2020. An assessment will be made on Monday, March 16, 2020 on how to proceed with the upcoming week(s).
• The Ralph Lamo Memorial Daisy Breakfast originally schedule for March 15, 2020 has been rescheduled for November 1, 2020 at the East Brunswick Hilton.
I will make every effort to keep the public updated as information becomes available.
Brad J Cohen, MD - Mayor