SOUTH BRUNSWICK, NJ - The Middlesex County Health Department has notified the South Brunswick Township of three new positive cases of COVID-19, bringing the total amount of residents who have tested positive to 13. According to a press release from the Office of Emergency Management, the residents are a man in his 60s, a man in his 50s and a woman in her 60s. All of them are self-isolating at home. 11 out of the 13 positive cases in South Brunswick are in self-isolation, the other two are hospitalized. The Middlesex County Health Department is currently leading all investigations into the spread of the Coronavirus in the county.
There is currently one Drive-Thru testing facility located near South Brunswick at MyInstaDoctor facility located at 298 Applegarth Road. Availability is limited, and those who are under the age of 65 must pre-register at myinstadocmonroe.com. Patients must also be experiencing some symptoms such as fevers, coughing, and respiratory problems, or have been exposed to someone with the virus. Please call 609-207-3220 to speak with a medical professional.
Earlier this week, Governor Phil Murphy announced that all non-essential businesses must remain closed until the emergency ends. The governor also announced today that all New Jersey schools will remain closed until April 17.
“I’m proud of how our community has come together to face this unprecedented challenge.” South Brunswick Mayor Charles Carley said in a released statement, “Families are practicing social distancing, tending to the needs of those who are unable to help themselves, keeping each other in good spirits, working, teaching and learning from afar, all of which we have come to expect of our amazing community. Thank you for doing what needs to be done to defeat this pandemic!”
Governor Murphy has said on numerous occasions that the number of cases will increase as testing becomes more widely available. Today, the state was able to confirm 2,492 new positive cases of Coronavirus in New Jersey, bringing the total cases in the state to 6,876, according to Governor Phil Murphy. Middlesex County currently has 505 confirmed cases, according to the South Brunswick Office of Emergency Management.