MORRIS COUNTY, NJ - A series of 2020 road paving projects will be moving ahead, announced the Morris County Freeholders.
Upcoming projects include county roads in Denville, Long HIlls, Mendham, Bernardsville, Mt. Arlington, Netcong, Randolph and Rockaway, they said. Projects beginning late spring or early summer include projects in Florham Park, Harding, Jefferson, Kinnelon, Morris Township, Morris Plains, Mount Arlington and Parsippany.
The freeholders, in the county’s capital budget, allocated $23 million for roads, bridges, railroads, and environmental cleanups, including 32.6 miles of resurfacing on county roads in 17 municipalities. An additional eight miles of road work is scheduled this spring and summer as leftover projects from the 2019 paving season.
“”We have been able to move ahead with our road and bridge work despite the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Freeholder Stephen Shaw, the freeholder board’s liaison to county public works projects. Maintaining the high quality of our road and bridge network in Morris County remains a priority issue for county government. Continually investing in county roads and bridges has made Morris County THE Infrastructure County in New Jersey,’’ he said.
Upcoming resurfacing projects include the following county roads:
- Denville: River Road/Bush Road – Diamond Spring Road to Old Boonton Road
- Long Hill: Division Avenue (June 1 projected start date)
- Mendhams: Bernardsville/Hilltop Road (May 26 projected start date)
- Mt. Arlington: Howard Boulevard – Oneida Avenue to Espanong Road
- Netcong: Allen Street – Borough Line to Route 183
- Randolph: Reservoir Avenue (May 26 projected start date)
- Rockaway Twp.: Green Pond Road – #198 Green Pond Road to Telemark Rd
Projects that will be bid in late spring or early summer, include:
- Florham Park: Columbia Tpke, James Street to County Line
- Harding: Long Hill Road, Township Line to Pleasantville Road
- Jefferson: Berkshire Valley Road, Taylor Road to Blue Road
- Kinnelon: Boonton Avenue, Borough Line to Graceview Drive
- Long Hill: Long Hill Road, Division Avenue to Basking Ridge Road
- Morris Township and Morris Plains: West Hanover Avenue, Koch Road to Stiles Avenue
- Mount Arlington: Howard Boulevard, Stierli Ct to Unnamed Road (Milepost 2.56)
- Parsippany: Parsippany Road, Route 287 to Littleton Road
- Parsippany: Parsippany Blvd/Intervale Rd, Waterview Boulevard to Township Line