The Original Quaker Oats Oatmeal Cookie Recipe is a classic that is meant to be shared as much as a batch of these cookies are shared. The ingredients are found in most pantries, and if they are not a quick trip to the grocery will fill in all the holes.
Drop cookies are easy to make and are kid friendly, they are also very forgiving with regard to making adjustments.
Instead of the traditional raisins, consider 1/2 cup dried cranberries and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Or how about a cup of chopped crystallized ginger? Why not combine two childhood favorites and go for a cup of chocolate chips : Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies ~ YUM!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
This is the first in a series of holiday cookie recipes which will be featured until December 25. Check back often for timeless classics and fresh new ideas! Happy baking.