HANOVER, NJ - The Route 10 Westbound ramp leading to Rt. 287 South will be closed tonight in Hanover and a detour will be in place. The full traffic news alert is listed below:
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced that the ramp from Route 10 westbound to I-287 southbound will be closed overnight as a roadway improvement project advances in Hanover, Morris County.
Beginning at 11 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, May 12, until 5 a.m. Wednesday, May 12, NJDOT’s contractor, Crisdel Construction Group, Inc., is scheduled to close the ramp from Route 10 westbound to I-287 southbound. This closure will allow the contractor to complete a full-box reconstruction of the roadway. The following signed detour will be in place overnight:
Route 10 westbound to I-287 northbound detour:
· Motorists traveling on Route 10 westbound wishing to take the ramp to I-287 northbound will be directed to continue on Route 10 westbound
· Take Ridgedale Avenue South U-turn (Dryden Way/Ridgedale Ave./Cedar Knolls exit)
· Stay left for Ridgedale Ave./Cedar Knolls
· Keep right and take the ramp to Route 10 eastbound
· Take the ramp to I-287 southbound
The $4.5 million state-funded project will reconstruct a half-mile portion of Route 10 westbound, which is in poor condition. The project also includes the installation of improved overhead signage and guiderail replacement, which will be completed during the week following the completion of weekend closures.
Advance warning and variable messaging signs are being utilized to provide advance notification to the motoring public of all traffic pattern changes associated with the work.