EAST ORANGE, NJ - Beginning Monday, July 10th, NJ Transit’s Morris-Essex Line will begin its adjusted summer schedule due to necessary Amtrak repair work at Penn Station New York. Please plan accordingly. This schedule will directly impact weekday train service at Brick Church and East Orange stations.
Nearly all weekday Midtown direct trains will be diverted to Hoboken, while weekend trains will continue to run on a regular schedule. The new weekday schedule will remain in effect until September 1, 2017.
For those who are able to work remotely and require computer/printer/Wi-Fi access, the East Orange Public Library at 21 South Arlington Avenue will be open from 9am-8pm Monday-Thursday and 10am-6pm on Friday.
NJ Transit offers the following travel tips to ease the disruption and inconvenience this new schedule will cause travelers:
· Check njtransit.com or news media before starting your trip for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
· Download NJ TRANSIT’s Mobile App for easy access to service information and advisories, ticket purchases via MyTix, real-time train departure status through DepartureVision, real-time or scheduled bus arrivals through MyBus, and other features to assist you during your commute.
· Stay connected during your commute through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Search for rail, bus or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information. Contact our Customer Service team directly at (973) 275-555 with critical or time-sensitive issues.
· Be patient. Trains and buses may be crowded, especially during peak periods. Be respectful of your fellow commuters. They are faced with some of the same challenges you are.
· Keep luggage and extra carryon items to a minimum. Rail, bus and light rail vehicles will have increased ridership and every bit of space counts.
· Provide feedback to NJ Transit regarding your travel experience through the Contact Us feature on njtransit.com and the mobile app or call Customer Service at (973) 275-5555
· If you will be altering your travel pattern during this time, you may want to update your travel alert preferences in your My Transit account. If you do not have a My Transit account and are a frequent traveler on NJ TRANSIT, sign up to receive alerts at njtransit.com/mytransit.
· Allow additional time to make connections with NY Waterway, PATH, bus and light rail services to reach your destination.